Dear valued customer,
Filer Mutual Telephone Company has been a partner of Syringa Wireless which has been operating in southern Idaho for almost 10 years and has proudly served thousands of customers during that time. It is with much regret that we must inform you that beginning December 31, 2015, Syringa WIreless will no longer be providing wireless communication services and will cease doing business. As your neighbors, Filer Mutual and Syringa Wireless have fought hard to maintain low prices and high quality service for our Idaho communities. We are disappointed that we cannot continue to serve your cell phone needs.
Over the last three years Syringa Wireless has made extensive financial investments into their network and to the communities they serve with the intent to offer services comparable to their competitors. The wireless industry is fiercely competitive with rapidly changing technologies and cost structures. As a small locally owned and operated provider, they have arrived at a point where it is simply not feasible to continue to operate the cellular phone service.
Your account will remain active and service will be provided through the end of the year. You will need to close your account and pursue other options for your Syringa Wireless services on, or before, December 31st, 2015. There is information included with this letter to assist making your transition to a new wireless carrier as seamless as possible.
Since you receive Syringa Wireless services through Filer Mutual Telephone Company, you will need to contact Filer Mutual Telephone for terminating your service.
You may begin to transition your services to another carrier at any time.
Options for closing your account if you are a 'no contract' customer, 'Pay-go' customer, or a 'contract' customer who has completed the terms of their contract
- 1. You may begin to transition your services to another carrier at any time, but no later than December 31st, 2015.
- 2. You are free to keep your device. You may also return your device to Filer Mutual Telephone and receive a prorated value of your out of pocket expenses for the device, based upon a 24-month service life. To be eligible for the rebate, the phone must be in good working order and your account must be in good standing. Refunds are processed at our corporate office and checks are mailed within 45 days.
- 3. Do nothing, and your service will remain active; you will continue to owe for service through December 31, 2015. After that date, service will be discontinued and any agreements will be voided.
Options for closing your account if you are a 'contract' customer currently within the period of your contract
- 1. You may begin to transition your services to another carrier at any time, but no later than December 31st, 2015. Certain restrictions apply (see below).
- 2. If you continue service with Syringa Wireless through November 15th, 2015, you may keep your device at no charge. All Early Termination Fees (ETF) will be waived if the account is closed in good standing after November 15th, 2015 but before December 31st, 2015.
- 3. If you choose to leave Syringa Wireless prior to November 15th then you will need to return any device that was purchased as part of your contract. If your account is closed in good standing and the device is returned in good working order then you will receive prorated rebate of your out of pocket expense in the purchase of the device based upon a 24 month service life. Refunds are processed at our corporate office and checks are mailed within 45 days.
- 4. Do nothing, and your service will remain active; you will continue to owe for service through December 31, 2015. After that date, service will be discontinued and any agreements will be voided.
To return your device:
- 1. Drop it off at Filer Mutual and our staff will return it to the Syringa corporate office where your return will be processed.
- 2. Locate and print the return form listed in the post's download section.
Return the filled out form and your phone to us at the address below. We will process your refund within 45 days. We cannot issue refunds on devices we don't receive. It is recommended that you use a delivery method that is traceable.
Filer Mutual Telephone Company
PO Box 89
400 Main Street
Filer, ID 83328
If you have any questions, or to return your device, stop by our office or call our customer care department at (208)326-4331.
Customer care is open Monday through Frdiay 8:00am to 5:30pm.
Thank you for your business with us. It is our pleasure to serve your continuing needs for internet and phone service along with the rest of your technology needs.